Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 2 Summary

Day two went well, but little time for blogging as I had a busy schedule.

Here were my meals:

  1. Breakfast: big bowl of plain rice
  2. Lunch: ham with rice, a bunch of carrots
  3. Dinner: chicken, sweet potato chips, black bean and kale soup, more carrots

Main thought of the day?  I was finally able to complete my cooking for the week so every meal doesn't have to be ham/rice/carrots. 

I roasted the chicken with chili powder, and pulled it all off the bone last night.  I also made the soup which is tasty, and means I'm at least getting some greens.  I think the soup could become a normal staple of my diet, but would need to add a few ingredients (an avocado?  some lime juice?)

Also, finished dehydrating the sweet potato chips, which are amazing.  Probably should have made more, but my dehydrator is relatively small. 

I still have $3 in my budget, so I may head back tomorrow evening for more sweet potatoes and maybe some bananas.  Who knows.  I already have far more meat than I'll need for the week.

I've noticed some other people taking this challenge who complain about headaches and difficulty concentrating.  I haven't had this problem yet, but I noticed I'm probably eating healthier than normal, with fewer processed foods and snacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment