Monday, November 18, 2013

Second shopping trip

After my first shopping trip I had already attained a ton of meat, more rice than I can probably eat in a week, and a few sweet potatoes.

For this shopping trip, my goal was variety.  And some foods that at least give the appearance that I eat more vegetables than meat.

This time, I headed to Wal-Mart.

The first thing I picked up failed the vegetable test. More cheap meat.  I found 10 lbs of chicken back parts (thighs, legs) for $7.  Americans like white meat, but in my opinion there's more flavor to the thighs and legs.  American preferences just make my favorite parts cheaper.

So now to the vegetables.  I'm not huge on the Kale-wagon, but I know there's a lot of nutrients in Kale, it's kind of tasty, and not horribly expensive.  I bought a pound of Kale for a couple of bucks.

Finally black beans, which are technically a legume, but for appearances I'll count as a  vegetable.  Hey, it's a plant, and fairly nutritious. 

To summarize I spent $11.08 on veggies and more meat.  Probably going overboard on the meat thing, but I'm from Kansas, and that's how we roll. 

First the kale:


And 10 lbs of chicken
 And the receipt




No comments:

Post a Comment