Friday, November 15, 2013

Food Stamp (Snap) Challenge-The Rules

Before I get started, I want to document the rules for my own food stamp challenge.  First, two rules provided by my wife (who serves as the official photographer of this blog):
  1. No killing anything for food.
  2. No picking up roadkill for food.
Both of these food sources are available to anyone including food stamp recipients, but due to my wife's concerns for my health, I gave in on both accounts.  Obviously the fact that she had to lay down these rules says a little something about my personality.


But my real rules for the week:
  1. Start date: Monday  November 18th.
  2. End date: Sunday November 24th.
  3. Budget for the week:  $30 for any food consumed.
  4. No accepting free food.  I work in an office with a lot of free food in the breakroom, for this week, it's all off limits.
  5. No additional condiments.  I've read the rules for several of these challenges, and many allow condiments that you already have on hand, but I think I could make a meal off of the condiments in our fridge.  So, no condiments, unless I acquire them within budget during the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment